- When can I register my child?
- Is it possible to register once the year has already started?
- What is included in the annual tuition?
- Are there any additional costs?
- If my child is uncertain about enrolling for the year, what would you suggest?
- Can my child try a class before enrolling?
- How do I know which class to enroll my child into?
- Can I watch my child in their weekly dance class?
- If my child misses a class, how can they make it up?
- What are the ViBE Annual Events?
- Does ViBE have a dress code? Where can I buy the clothes?
- Is there parking available?
- Do you have a waiting area for parents or kids between classes?
1. When can I register my child?
ViBE’s dance season operates September to June. Enrolment is also available September to December AND September to June but eliminating ski season (January to March.) Register NOW!
2. Is it possible to register once the year has already started?
Absolutely!! It’s always a good time to join the ViBE family!
3. What is included in the annual tuition?
Tuition at ViBE….watch this video!
4. Are there any additional costs?
Additional fees are strictly optional and include:
- Photos from Photo Shoot Week taken by professional photographers at the studio in the spring
- Tickets for the ViBE Year-End Recital
5. If my child is uncertain about enrolling for the year, what would you suggest?
Registration at ViBE means a commitment to the dance class for the year as well as a commitment to all registration and withdrawal policies. If your child is uncertain, we recommend they participate in a Trial Class before enrolling. See question #6 for more information on Trial Classes.
6. Can my child try a class before enrolling?
Absolutely! ViBE offers Trial Classes throughout the months of September and October, and again in January for classes which have been re-opened for January Enrolment. Dancers may participate in as many as three Trial Classes before making the commitment to enrol for the year. A fee of $30 per Trial Class applies and must be paid before a dancer attends the class. If a dancer enrols, the Trial Class fees will be applied to the tuition.
7. How do I know which class to enrol my child into?
ViBE offers a wide variety of fun and exciting dance classes for all ages which all complement each other. Please review our Definition of Classes to gain some knowledge on what each dance discipline offers and which would suit your child best. If a dancer takes Acro, we highly recommend that they take a Jazz or Hip Hop class as well in order to strengthen the dance skills which are incorporated into every Acro routine. Parents can always email us for a class suggestion at [email protected]
8. Can I watch my child in their weekly dance class?
At ViBE, we allow parents to view the last 10 minutes of each class by opening the blinds located on both sides of each studio. The blinds are closed for the duration of the class so dancers can concentrate on choreography and skills. For the last 10 minutes of every class, dancers have the opportunity to show their parents what they have learned, and also to become accustomed to performing for an audience.
9. If my child misses a class, how can they make it up?
ViBE offers a flexible make-up class schedule. A dancer can make up a missed class by attending the same type of dance class on a different day and time. A dancer may attend a make-up class any time throughout the year. For specific make-up class schedules, please visit the studio or contact us.
10. What are the ViBE Annual Events?
ViBE is proud to offer a variety of Annual Events in which all of our dancers take part. Specific event dates are available in our Calendar of Events. Events include:
- In-Class Show Week, where family and friends are invited to view and videotape the last half hour of each class
- Costume/Cool Outfit Week, where dancers receive their Recital costumes
- Photo Shoot week, where dancers pose in costume for professional group and individual photos
- The exciting Year-End Recitals where dancers dance on a professional stage.
11. Does ViBE have a dress code? Where can I buy the required clothes?
ViBE has a Dress Code which all dancers are expected to follow. Dancers are required to wear black tops which cover the entire torso and do not show a bare midriff, as well as black bottoms. At all times, dancers must dress respectfully. Certain dance disciplines require specific footwear.
For safety reasons, dancers with long hair must secure their hair off the face. Please leave all valuables at home, including jewelry, which will not be allowed in the dance class.
Dress Code items can be purchased at the ViBE Store conveniently located within the studio.
12. Is there parking available?
ViBE is located at the corner of Dufferin and Clark, just north of Steeles Avenue. 1450 Clark Avenue West, which has plenty of free parking in a well-lit parking lot conveniently located in a commercial plaza.
13. Do you have a waiting area for parents or kids between classes?
There are several designated waiting areas throughout the studio that are ideal for homework, reading, eating snacks or meals, or socializing.